Here is our very own Dove Dark Chocolate – Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Delights recipe straight from the kitchen of MyDFWMommy. Be sure to check out our recipe which is featured on the Dove Chocolate Facebook page (oh my goodness!) These little truffle/cake ball-like treats are DIVINE. Beware…you’ll never, ever use that “other” chocolate melt stuff again after using Dove Dark Chocolates – it makes all the difference in the world – texture, richness, and a beautiful finish (not waxy.) I could go on and on, but trust me, these are incredible. Enjoy! (And be sure to come back and let us know if you make these) Don’t forget to enter the MyDFWMommy Dove Dark Chocolate Giveaway for your chance at one of 10 Dove Prize Packs!
Dove Dark Chocolate – Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Delights
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon table salt
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 bag of Dove dark chocolate pieces
Optional: Popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Place 1 inch rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. (A melon scoop works well for forming uniformly sized dough balls)
- Put the entire bag of unwrapped Dove Dark Chocolates in a mixing bowl, and place the bowl on top of a pot with simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is about 2/3 melted. Remove the bowl from the water, and continue stirring until all of the chocolate has melted.
- (MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MELTING THE CHOCOLATE) Put the entire bag of unwrapped Dove Dark Chocolate pieces in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Once 2/3 of the chocolate has melted, remove from the microwave and continue stirring until all of it has melted.). Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and insert the stick into the ball. Dip in candy coating and let excess drip into bowl.
- Add decorative sprinkles on the top of the cake ball while still wet. Place on wax paper to set.
- Refrigerate up to one week.
Same recipe, different sprinkles!