Join My DFWMommy and help bring much needed oral care to families in our area. Tom’s of Maine has announced their “Be a Tooth Fairy Hero” art project, part of the company’s annual Dental Health for All charitable giving program.
We’d love for our MyDFWMommy readers to get involved! Get you little ones to break out their crayons and creativity to draw an artistic interpretation of the Tooth Fairy to help smiles in need. Head over HERE to enter your child/children’s drawing of the Tooth Fairy into a national drawing. Your children can make their own creations, or download a coloring page if they need a little help
Ten entries will be randomly selected, awarding a $10,000 donation on each winner’s behalf to a dental clinic in your state, plus toothpaste for your child’s entire school. This is a simple way to help raise awareness about the need for access to dental care and even a chance to talk to your kids about the importance of good oral care habits.
Here’s our submission! My daughter drew her interpretation of the Tooth “Fariy”! I smell a winner!
Last day for entries is March 15, 2013!
Tom’s of Maine Dental Health for All program:
This year marks 10 years of the Tom’s of Maine Dental Health for All program and $1 million donated to community dental clinics nationwide, dedicated to providing more families with regular screenings and check-ups. To date, the company’s funding has helped make more than 200,000 additional patient visits possible.
Did you know?
• Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry toothpaste is the first and only natural kid’s toothpaste to receive the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance for its proven effectiveness. With no artificial dyes or sweeteners, Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry toothpaste gets its naturally sweet flavor from real strawberries.
• New this month, Tom’s of Maine Wicked Cool! is Tom’s of Maine’s first natural toothpaste designed for kids ages 8 and over. This mild mint-flavored toothpaste fights cavities, strengthens enamel and freshens breath and is great for kids who want a more “grown up” toothpaste but find the adult mint versions “too spicy”. Plus, it’s ADA-accepted, dye-free and never contains any artificial sweeteners or flavors.
• Kids love the taste of Tom’s of Maine Juicy Mint Children’s Anticavity Fluoride Rinse. Used regularly with fluoride toothpaste, rinsing provides additional cavity protection over brushing alone. It offers the same strong cavity protection as conventional brands without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
• Tom’s of Maine donates 10% of its profits from all sales back to the community to help people and the planet.
Tooth Fairy Fun Facts:
• Legend has it that each tooth the Tooth Fairy takes from underneath a child’s pillow ends up turning into a star in the sky.
• Unlike Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, there are few details of the Tooth Fairy’s appearance that are consistent in various versions of the myth.
• The reward left by the Tooth Fairy varies by country and household based on a variety of factors (including what kids tell each other!) A 2012 survey conducted by Visa, American children receive an average of $3.60 per tooth.